Saturday, February 03, 2007

 

Donacarney Celtic launch their new pitches

Donacarney Celtic launched their new pitches this week. The launch was held on Thursday in the Bettystown Court Hotel. Myself and the other Area Councillors attended.

The hotel ballroom was packed to capacity with each of the football teams and many of their parents. It was a very happy occasion for all, rounded off with photoshoots of the teams with Irish manager Stevie Staunton.

Steve Staunton
Liverpool star Brian Mooney chats with Steve Staunton at the launch of Donacarney Celtic's new pitches

The news that Meath County Council planners gave permission for 435 more houses in Brabazon made it into the Irish Times this week. By granting permission the planners in effect burst through the development ceiling we had set last week in the County Development Plan. LMFM asked me on to the Michael Reade show to discuss the issue. He gave me 15 minutes on the subject. I hope that I managed to explain what is going on and how people can appeal the decision to An Bord Pleanala.

The big news of the week for me was when I got a call on Tuesday from Pierre Danon, the Chairman of Eircom. I have been dealing with him over the last few months on the issue of getting eircom broadband to Stamullen. Pierre had asked me to show that the demand was there. On previous posts I discussed the campaign we carried out. In the end we got almost 200 names of people who would sign up for a service. True to his word Pierre came back to me and told me that they have decided to install broadband in a few months time.

The news leaked out from eircom very quickly, and the next I heard was when I got a chain email from residents in Stamullen, announcing the good news. It's a tribute to people power in action!


This week's video is on the issue of the proposed 5,000 new homes in South Drogheda.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home