Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

Campaign at the half-way stage

The weather had to break, I suppose. The sunshine couldn’t last for ever. For the last few days we have been dodging the showers, trying to stay dry.

The campaign continues to go well. Our volunteers are still getting out there and we are getting our message across.

I’ve also been on the airwaves during the week. I was on LMFM's Loose Talk taking about Trade and Employment for an hour on Thursday and I got the chance to go on Morning Ireland on Friday morning. I had to travel to Athy Co Kildare to do the show, which was on commuting from the peri-urban areas of Meath, Kildare and South of Dublin.

I drove down the night before and stayed over in the town. Next morning I walked over to the small café where the show was taking place.

Morning Ireland
In the Café just before going "On Air

On the show were Cathal McCoille, Mary White of the Greens and Sean Fleming of Fianna Fail. We discussed issues in relation to commuting, facilities and schooling. I mentioned the water situation in Ashbourne and Ratoath, the lack of Broadband in Stamullen and the rail link to Dunboyne. The fifteen minutes flew and before I knew it, it was nine o clock.

The rest of the day was very wet. We did manage to do quite a few house to house calls between the showers, so it wasn’t a total washout.

Ashbourne Canvas
Canvassing in Ashbourne

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home