Sunday, May 20, 2007

 

Into the last week…..

Sunday morning and thankfully the weather seems to have turned again. For the last week I have been getting soaked on a daily basis. On Friday afternoon I got caught in a hail storm in Dunshaughlin, about a mile from the car and with no umbrella. However, ten minutes the sun was out and I was dry again.

The campaign continues to go well for us. People are very receptive and eager to talk. So far, so good.

On Thursday I went up to Montrose to go on RTE 1 TV about health issues. On the show with me were Dr Liam Twomey, Fine Gael spokesperson on Health and Minister of the Environment Mr Dick Roche.


Speaking about MRSA on RTE 1

The show itself was good fun. Afterwards I bumped into Sean O Rourke, who quizzed me about the likely outcome in Meath West and Louth.

On Saturday I attended the Meath East Community Association’s fundraiser in Scotch Hall in Drogheda with the other Meath East candidates. I had to pack shopping bags for a couple of hours. It was good fun and all for a good cause. Later I headed out to Duleek and then across to the City North Hotel in Stamullen where my godson was hosting his communion lunch. It was nice to take a few hours off from the canvas to celebrate with the family. The lunch flew by and soon I was back on the trail in Stamullen for the rest of the evening.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home