Tuesday, May 01, 2007

 

Up and Running

It's been a busy two days but we're now up and running. Not a huge amount of sleep since Saturday night but so far we have done what we set out to do in terms of the campaign.

Sunday night was the pre-arranged launch of Ged Nash's campaign in Drogheda. I went along and listened to a great speech by Jack O Connor, followed by Ged himself.

Ged launches his campaign
Ged Nash launches his campaign.....

He was in flying form the next morning on a radio debate against the Minster of Foreign Affairs. Later on I was out talking to people and a lady asked me what we would do about Carers. We want to abolish the means test, as I explain in the following video:


Our committment on abolishing the Means Test for Carers

The worst thing that happened to me so far on the trail is that I got hit on the head by a bird's droppings. That's the second time this has happened to me in the last ten days. My team says it's double good luck and we'll get two quotas. Within ten minutes my Director of Elections was talking about adding a second candidate and going for two seats (I think he has aspirations). I'll be keeping my eye on his actions until nominations close next week......

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home