Monday, September 08, 2008

 

Launch of Commuter Report

I launched my report into Life in the Commuter Belt this week. It's been something that my ofice has been working on for the last six months or so. Eamon Gilmore asked all of the Party's Spokespeople to come up with some initiatives for their respective portfolios, so I went away and decided to do some research into life in the commuter belt.

The launch toook place in Buswell's Hotel on Tuesday afternoon. It received great coverage. It was mentioned in the Irish Mirror and the Star on Monday, Morning Ireland , the Irish Independent and the Irish Examiner on Tuesday, and the Irish Times on Wednesday, as well as the local papers.

I also did interviews with TV3 and RTE television and was on Matt Copper's The Last Word, George Hook's The Right Hook, Michael Reade's Loose Talk and Mary Wilson's Drivetime, as well as FM104, 98FM, Q102, INN, East Coast FM, KFM, and Wexford FM.

The report is available here on the Labour party website. If anyone wants a hard copy then email me at info@dominichannigan.com

But the most enjoyable interview of the week was on Radio na Life ar 106.4FM. Bhi me ag caint ar feadh deich noimead - bhi se an cead am a raibh me ag caint as gaeilge ar an radio.

It was good to get stuck back into constituency work after my time in Mongolia. The traffic situation in Duleek is still causing difficulty. Everyone accepts that roadworks are necessary to enable the extension of the sewerage treatment plant to proceed, but at this stage the council should have sorted out the notification procedures to local residents. This is clearly not happening, as an article in this morning's Irish Independent makes clear.

I will continue to press for better communication between the council and the residents.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home